The DEADLINE to enter items is normally
the Friday before Drop Off weekend.
For Spring 2022 the deadline is Friday, April 1 at 11:59pm.
Dropping Off Your Items at Pass It On
WHEN & WHERE
Saturday, April 2, 9am-9pm
Sunday, April 3, 9am-9pm
Monday, April 4, 10am-1pm
Orange arrows show the different ways to approach the location. Then get in line following the purple arrows. (If coming south on Cypress, you won't be able to turn left into the back alley so cut across the Big 5 parking lot and circle around.) We cannot block the front of the shopping center so please follow this flow.
Please read ALL instructions below.
NEW DROP OFF PROCEDURES 2022
Everyone MUST have an appointment.
If you miss your appointment, you may drop off on Thursday 5-9pm during Restock. Normally we do not accept clothes, shoes, books, or bedding at this time but will make an exception if you have not dropped off anything yet. Or contact Kim about claiming a Wed am hardship appointment; we have capacity to inspect 8-10 people on Wednesday morning 10am-noon, preference given to those who live over an hour away and those who experienced an emergency during drop off weekend.
There are 4 ways to Drop Off:
In Person Inspection
Everyone who is new since 2020 MUST come inside and meet with an inspector.
- We want you to understand the way we do things and be right there to help if we need you to wipe down your toys, tape your bags, flip any hangers that are facing the wrong direction and so on. We changed our process in 2020 so we would not have so many people in the building at a time and while we are keeping the curbside option, we are also adding back the requirement for all first timers to attend their inspection.
- If you are newer but have already done 3 sales with us and feel like a pro, let our inspector confirm that you're doing everything right with an in person inspection. We appreciate you and want to make sure you have received good instructions from our web site, FB group, and friends and have not developed any bad habits in your short run with PIO.
- Everyone with a consignor number 3888 and higher will be directed to an inspector and asked to stick around while we look over your items.
- The only exception is if a newer consignor has made the 80% Club, they do not need to be inspected and have earned the opportunity to skip inspection and put their items into bins.
- Please schedule your drop off for a time when you can spend at least an hour going through the process with us.
- The drop off appointment times are windows of 15 minute increments. That is the approximate window of time during which you should arrive. If you aim for the start of that window and run a little late, you should hit the end of that time and keep our schedule on track.
- Get in line following the purple arrows.
- It doesn't matter if you drop off large items first or last. If they are buried deep in your vehicle, you should do the main items first and circle back to the large item inspection area later.
- Check in with our Curbside Director and hand over your contract.
- Let our curbside people help unload your items onto a cart and/or clothing rack. They will get your items to an inspector or in line while you park.
- Wait for an inspector and follow their instructions.
Drop Curbside & Return Later
Same as it has been in 2020 and 2021. Drop off at the curb and wait for a text or call then return to collect any items that did not pass inspection.
- Wait to make sure large items are accepted. If we can't accept it, you will need to take it home. If your item needs batteries or a cleaning, you can fix it at home and bring it back later. We don't have space to store your unsellable items.
- When you get to the front of the Main line, you will need to turn in your completed Consignor Agreement Form which can be found on our Downloads page. (If you forget it, we will have copies, but it's best to fill it out beforehand to keep the line moving, since you won't be allowed to unload without this form. You can take our form and go to the back of the line while you fill it out.)
- Unload with direction from our Curbside Helpers.
- If you want back your items that do not pass inspection, check the box to be texted when your inspection is completed.
- When you return to pick up your non-passing items, park in front of the building and walk in. One of the inspectors near the door will assist you.
- If you want to know why some of your items were rejected, ask for a consultation.
Drop Curbside & Donate All
Same as our other Curbside option but you don't need to return.
- It may seem like an appointment is not needed if you are not returning, but please still make an appointment so we don't receive a TON of items needing to be inspected at the same time that bogs down our inspectors and clogs up our front area.
- Check in with our Curbside Director and turn in your contract.
- Tell them your items are DONATE ALL so they know where it goes.
- All tags must be marked to donate (all tags have a black dot).
- Unaccepted items will be donated and you will not get a report.
- Not available for first time consignors. We want you to learn what could be improved.
80% Club Skips Inspection
Those who sell at least 80% of your items at one sale may skip inspection at the next sale! Click this button to see who gets to SKIP INSPECTION and have all of their items put straight out!
- Park near the front door and check in with our Curbside Director and turn in your contract.
- Wait for instructions and possible use of carts and racks.
- Go inside and put your toys in the Toy bin, baby essentials in the Baby bin, and so on. Clothes go onto racks by size. Shoes go into shoe boxes by size. If you have questions where something goes, ask a volunteer.
- Most people are done in 20-30 minutes.
Drop Off Instructions
Please be patient as everyone you will encounter working this sale is a volunteer. We only do this sale twice a year and not everyone has worked with us before. They may not know all the answers but will find an answer for you.
Please have your clothing items sorted by gender and size. Rubber band sizes together at the top of the hangers. All hangers must face left. This speeds things up for our inspectors.
Double check all items have tags. Every item must have a tag with a clearly printed bar code and unique item number. If an item does not have a tag, ideally it will be returned to you by our inspector, but if it gets onto the sales floor we have no way of knowing who it belongs to. If someone wants to buy it we will try to look in the system to see if we can locate the item (this is where good descriptions help!) and if we do we print the tag and sell it. If we cannot find a tag it will most likely get donated.
Make sure all tires are inflated. This applies to bikes, trikes, scoot bikes, trailers, strollers, some wagons, anything with inflatable tires. Make sure your tires hold air overnight or you may need to replace a tube before coming to drop off. If a tire goes flat during the sale, that item will be pulled off the sales floor.
Don't be in a hurry. Allow 30 minutes to complete the drop off process. If you need to assemble anything, that will take time so plan accordingly.
Plan to assemble furniture or bring it put together. Items sell better if shoppers can see how they look fully built. It's easier to imagine that item in use in their home or if it fits in a certain space. It also ensures (you and them) that all pieces are included. We rent large buildings to have the space to display these items fully built!
Do not attach tags to large items. Hand the tags to the Large Items Inspector and they will attach your tags to a large item claim tag that gets attached to your item. If your large item does not qualify for a claim tag, you can attach it on site. If you prefer to attach tags so you don't lose them, please us painter's tape or tagging gun barb if there is fabric you can attach to.
Bring your things in a cardboard box that you can leave with us (totally optional but much appreciated!). It's too time consuming to store bins for every seller and then try to locate the exact bin for each pile. We use the cardboard boxes you bring us for displays, smaller ones for shoppers to take home heavy or breakable items, and all sizes are used to sort items at the end of the sale for those who plan to pick up. Do not write your number on the box as you won't get the same one back at pick up.
If some of your items are not accepted but could be fixed, you will be told why and given an opportunity to rehang clothes, clean toys or equipment, print new tags, install batteries, etc. and may choose to take things home to fix and bring back later (during Restock Thurs night 5-9pm).
Please do not be offended if some of your items are rejected. We run a high quality sale and therefore need to reject some things in order to maintain that high quality. We will give you a reason and you can take those items home or you might donate on the spot. If you do Drop & Go you accept the risk that some of your items may not be accepted to the sale and those will be immediately donated.
If you cannot make it to drop off, ask a friend to drop your stuff off for you. Get a trusted friend to sign up to consign and ask her to drop your stuff off with hers. Offer to pick up for her at the end! Several moms have worked this out with great success, sometimes watching each other's kids in trade! Be resourceful!
Click below to schedule your Drop Off Appointment (must be registered).
- Appointments are scheduled in 15 minute increments.
- Arrive any time during that window and get in line.
- Appointments can also be made when logged in to your Consignor Homepage.
Restock or Late Drop Off Option
For consignors who missed their Drop Off Appointment and those who find a few more items, we do accept additional items during the following time frames ONLY:
Wednesday, April 6, 10am-12pm
AND Thursday, April 7, 5pm-9pm
Must be registered for the current sale.
Bring large toys, furniture, large and small baby gear, bikes, and outdoor toys.
No clothes, shoes, bedding, or books.
Tags must be printed by midnight the night before you drop off. At least save your tags as a PDF file if you can't print right away. The act of printing the tags is what triggers your items to be put into a RESTOCK FILE that we can download which is needed in order to sell your items. If you drop off on Wednesday and print the tags at 10am, we are already at the building with no wifi and if we put your items out and they get to a checkout, our cashiers will encounter an error as your item is NOT in the system. This holds up the line and makes more work for us so please just print your tags the night before the day you drop off!
Restock Drop Off is held in the back at the Hold Area.
If dropping off for the first time during Restock, bring your consignor agreement filled out and message us if a larger amount of items are coming in (over 200) so staff can be prepared.
Thursday Restock items are held in a private area and put out after we close so Friday morning shoppers get first crack at the new items. We advertise these items on Facebook, to entice new shoppers to come in. So if you forgot to enter something... get it in during Restock!
Tips for a smooth Drop Off process
We appreciate how most of our consignors take pride in helping the sale be a huge success for everyone. It takes many people working together to pull this off and we'd love to have you on our team. Thanks in advance for giving back to the community!