Join the Pass It On Team
Our event relies on many hands to make it happen. We need help with all kinds of things from inspecting and organizing incoming items to helping customers find what they're looking for during the sale. Our consignors know this is a quality family event we organize for the community and they are happy to get involved and give of their time by taking a shift at the sale.
We reward our hard working team by giving them first pick of the goods! You also earn a higher percentage of your sales the more you help out. We couldn't do it without you!
Less crowded shopping, no screaming kids (at least before 3pm, the earlier you get in the quieter and more private it is), faster checkout lines, and private shopping with your PIO BFFs! Best chance to get the best deals on whatever you're looking for.
Presale Shopping Schedule
Our Presale is on Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
Notes about Team Shifts
Consignors can select shifts by logging into your Consignor Homepage.
The Schedule goes online Monday, September 9, at 9pm.
The deadline to add or drop a shift is Thursday, October 3, at 11:59pm.
Add and remove yourself from shifts online before the deadline. If you know you need to cancel a shift, please do so as soon as you can so someone else can fill it. Cancelling minutes before the deadline only leaves us with open shifts and less people to do the work needed. After the deadline, we expect to see you at your chosen shifts!
Non-consignors are not eligible to be on the team, except by fulfilling something on our Wish List. But it's easy to consign! Just enter and bring 20 items or $100 worth of items!
Shifts are 4 hours long. Please arrive on time and stay the whole time. We do allow short breaks as needed and have light snacks in our break room. If an emergency arises and you need to leave during your shift, please talk to a team lead or sale owner so we know what's going on.
Each shift has multiple types of jobs available. You can choose the type of job you would like to do on our online volunteer sign up schedule. For example, you decide you can work on Thursday morning 9:45am-1:45pm. You can choose between Merchandiser, Bagger, Greeter, or Hold Area. Maybe you really like working in the Hold Area and your schedule is flexible. Peruse the schedule and find an open Hold Area shift that works for you.
Children are NOT allowed to tag along during your shift. One exception is the Greeter job. Babies (under 12mos) can be worn (no strollers) while doing this job. There are limited Greeter spots, so if you want to bring your baby to work, grab one before they are full. We will help coordinate nursing/feeding and diaper changing breaks for our Greeters with babies.
Shift must be completed by the registered Consignor or their spouse or their offspring age 15 or older.
Teenagers are some of our best helpers! We do allow kids who are 15 or older to get shift credit on their family's account. It is possible your younger child would be a great asset to our team, but we won't know until we see them in action. We welcome your responsible 10-14 year old to come for a trial shift. If they do well, we may offer shift credit on their future shifts. Four hours is a long time for a kid and if your child would require constant supervision (thus diminishing the job you would do), don't bring them. If your 15-18 year old (technically qualified by age to earn shift credit) would require constant supervision or doesn't want to be there, do not bring them.
The maximum number of shifts 1 consignor may sign up for on their own is 3. This is also the max number of shifts you can do if this is your first time consigning with us. Anyone doing 3 or less shifts can choose any open shift or job available on the schedule.
Consignors who would like to help on 4 or more shifts must be approved to do so. Experience required. We ask that you join one of our specialty teams (Inspecting, Cashiering, or Merchandising) and your schedule MUST include:
a) either Wednesday mid day (after shopping at 10am, eat lunch then work 1-5pm)
OR Thursday morning (if you can't stay on Wed)
b) 1 Sort shift (several shifts to choose from).
Team Appreciation Night!
Half Price Presale
Saturday, October 12, 6-8pm
- All team members contributing at least 1 shift during the sale (including Wish List providers!) are invited to shop our Half Price Presale on Saturday Night! We appreciate you and love to reward your hard work!
- Public shopping ends at 5pm. We clear the shoppers out as soon as possible. Then we let our Team Leads (they work 8 shifts or more!) begin shopping at 5:30pm. Everyone else please line up at the front door. We open the door at 6pm and check your names off the list or if we gave you a pass you can show it to us at that time.
- Family members are welcome but please keep your kids within view at all times.
- Since all of our volunteers are shopping at this time, we don't have anyone running the Go Backs! If you decide you don't want something, put it back where it belongs.
- If you or a family member would like to fill a shift during this time, please let us know! We always need a couple of baggers and cashiers and may not have those shifts online.
- We invite our vendors to remain open during this time so if you haven't had a chance to stop by and visit them, do that on Saturday night. Some will be offering Team Appreciation specials!
I want to do my part at the sale!
Take me to the Team Schedule so I can choose my shifts!